Saturday, June 16, 2012

Tiny-Checkerboard Cookies and New Camera!


I got a new camera! And I am terrible at using it.


I am pretty sure this is a terrible picture. But it's the best terrible picture I took all day so... you're welcome.





I'm hoping to improve with time, although it might be a while since it's really important to me that I learn to properly adjust aperture and shutter speed and other such confusing things manually. It is quite difficult and my shaky hands make for so many blurry pictures. Sigh. I'll get there!

Today I had more fun with cookie dough extrusion, abandoning the small circular template for the tiny square one and using the resulting pieces to fashion pretty hardcore little checkerboard cookies. I didn't have a ton of dough since I was using what was leftover from the clouds and another project, but it was enough to get eleven solid cookies.


Ready for baking!

 
Baked.

A little jumble of checkerboard.







While time-consuming, this process resulted in some nice cookies and I'll be keeping it in my back pocket. I will also be working on refining my technique and the recipe as time goes on, so keep an eye out for updates.

Bake Hard,
Azara

No comments:

Post a Comment