Thursday, June 14, 2012

Cookie Clouds




These are some cookies I made while playing around with my Play-Doh extruder. So much fun to be had with that thing, although I wouldn't recommend first using the extruder with the Play-Doh that comes with it. You may end up finding little bits of blue and neon yellow in your cookies... Oh well, it's not like it's poisonous! If it was, let's be honest, we would all have been chronically ill as children.


*No recipes in this post; these are works in progress.*





In order to achieve this look I extruded long ropes of soft vanilla dough and rolled them up, stuck them together and made a frame with chocolate dough. I'm happy with how they came out but I'm going to keep playing with the recipe until I can get the dough to extrude more smoothly. I am tempted to try less flour and more milk, which will make for very soft dough that I may only be able to handle when cold. Also less flour might help the dough to melt a bit more, softening the crackles. I do kind of like the textured appearance, but if the dough could be just a bit more forgiving I'd be totally happy.















 Bake Hard,
Azara


No comments:

Post a Comment