Friday, May 21, 2010

The Accursed Purse Cake


Alright, not my favorite cake, but I suppose not bad for a first attempt at the purse shape. I wish we'd had equipment available so I didn't have to use a ruler to mark out the squares and then laboriously hand-paint them with gold luster dust. It was a LOT of work and apparently people liked it, but all I can see when I look at it are the flaws.



Hilariously, the day after I finished this beast was the day my manager decided to tell me that we actually have an airbrush for cake decorating in the shop; nobody had though that might be useful information for me to have. I didn't bother asking to use it for any subsequent cakes because it wasn't necessary, but it would have been SO GREAT to have had some sort of checkered template for this cake where I could have just airbrushed the pattern on. Sigh.


I did really like the pacifier though, in that super cute star shape. I figure you'd probably not go for such a shape with an actual pacifier what with all the sharp points, but for the purpose of this cake I thought it'd be okay.


And I made it super shiny, too. Yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment